Monday, April 3, 2017

It's more complicated than it seems


Today I found myself at a plateau. I researched and researched but I couldn’t get past the superficial facts of the motors used by manufacturers for advertising.  I was able to finally surpass this challenge by diving into countless blogs of mechanics and owners who disclose all details of their car. With all this in-depth info, being able to sort out the useful facts that related to my particular interest was a challenge in itself, but at least I have raw, detailed information that did not originate from a biased source. I also conducted an interview with a mechanic who specializes on the assembly and maintenance of high performing engines. He was able to provide me with tons of useful insight to the good and bad aspects of each motor. This made me recognize that my initial method of classification was somewhat flawed. Although my categories do represent the four main points that I wanted to compare, I must also include the particular virtues and defects of each of the engine that make them unique within the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment